You will ensure clients receive exceptional service and support as a Client Care Advisor. You will serve as clients’ first point of contact, providing information about services and products, scheduling appointments, and addressing their concerns and questions. You will work closely with clinical staff to ensure clients receive the care and attention they deserve.
You must have a caring and friendly demeanour, with a passion for providing high-quality client care. You must be able to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues, showing compassion and empathy in all interactions. As a Client Care Advisor, you will often deal with emotional situations, so remaining calm and composed under pressure is essential.
You should be able to multitask and work with different computer systems to provide clients with the best possible service. You will need to be analytical and able to identify and resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
Overall, your role as a Client Care Advisor is critical to the success of the veterinary practice. You will build relationships with clients and ensure they receive the highest service and care.
- Building a good understanding of the company’s products and services to assist with client queries while acting within operational protocols and procedures.
- Speaking with clarity and confidence to clients, whether face-to-face or over thephone, and dealing with queries or complaints.
- Offering empathy to client needs and providing physical and emotional assistanceto clients in often sensitive situations.
- Ensuring that the reception and consultation areas are always kept to a highstandard of cleanliness and are presentable while also understanding infectioncontrol.
- Taking payments from clients for veterinary services and following up on anyoutstanding debts.
- Using the in-house data system facilities and the appointment system (PracticeManagement System).
- Answering phones and replying to clients via emails, PetsApp, or other forms of communication while following practice protocols and values.
- Following practice protocols for insurance queries, pet health club and animal health certificates, and knowing how to advise clients of the processes and answer any queries.
- Sending and receiving orders, organising stock, and preparing medication for clients.
- Assisting with the practice marketing initiatives and open days where appropriate.
- Having a basic knowledge of handling animals and assisting the vet when neededduring consultations and euthanasia.
- Communicating daily with other team members such as nurses, vets, and otherbranches.
- Promoting the ethos of the practice in recommending preventative animalhealthcare.
- Perform Saturday morning duties on a rota basis.
- Attending learning and development meetings in practice, virtually, and attending courses when needed.
- Experience in a customer service or client care role, preferably in a healthcare or veterinary setting.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent listening skills and ability to empathise with clients.
- Good organisational and multitasking skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with basic computer systems and software, such as Microsoft Office and practice management software.
- Ability to handle cash and process payments accurately.
- Knowledge of basic animal care and handling.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional weekends and evenings.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and sensitivity when dealing with clients and their pets.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to remain calm and professional in stressful situations.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good listening skills.
- Positive attitude and friendly demeanour.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- High level of organisation and time management skills
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing situations and priorities.
- Professional appearance and conduct.
- Commitment to providing high-quality care for animals and their owners.
- Ability to follow established protocols and procedures.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Active listening skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and confidently with clients, in person and over the phone.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Computer literacy, including proficiency in using appointment scheduling andrecord-keeping software.
- Ability to handle sensitive and emotional situations with empathy and compassion.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in record-keeping and data entry.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations, including infection control.
- Ability to work independently while following established protocols andprocedures.
- Ability to handle cash transactions accurately and securely.
- Ability to handle animals and assist veterinarians as needed.
If you’re interested, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Pennard Vets
At Pennard Vets, every member of our team is an employee owner of the practice, committed to ensuring our service goes beyond the ordinary. We’re creating an environment that looks after the people that look after the pets. We’re 125 years old, and by operating in this way, we’ll continue to grow for the next 125 years, and beyond.