Grow with us
As a new graduate taking your first steps in the exciting world of first opinion practice you want to know you will be supported, you will be able to learn and progress at the right pace for you, and that you are part of a team that really cares.
We have been doing this for years.
Our long-established new graduate programme – duty vets, as we call them – has a great track record in identifying exactly where your talent lies, how you learn best and what type of support you need.
And on top of that, you’ll join as an employee owner of our practice, with the opportunity to influence the decisions we make for the future of our practice.
We’re the largest employee-owned vet group in the world – just one of the innovative approaches that mark us out as a practice beyond the ordinary.
The best place to learn your profession
Our commitment is to help you master the essential foundation skills and knowledge that make a great practising vet, and then build on those to ensure you are not only competent but confident in your abilities and value within the team.
That’s because we don’t just focus on the clinical, important though this is. We make sure we spend time helping you develop your communication skills, teamwork, decision making, time management and leadership – everything that helps you to become a well-rounded individual.
We recognise that everyone is different. We ensure that every successful applicant that joins our team has their personal development plan tailored specifically for them.
You will have a varied caseload, both medical and surgical, as well as the emergency cases that really help to grow your skills and accelerate your learning. Working within both large and small teams will help you hone your communication, decision making and teamwork.
Your future career path is also important to us. Whether that ultimately lies here or elsewhere, we believe that the better we can prepare you and train you for life as a primary care vet, the better that is for you as an individual and for our great profession as a whole.
With a buddy team member and GDP advisor as well as multiple opportunities to spend time learning from our large team of vets, the sky’s the limit.
Here are just some of our current internal continual development programmes:
- Radiology rounds: monthly meetings online discussing interesting radiology cases
- Journal club: monthly presentation by duty vets about an interesting current topic of discussion – recent examples include management of feline hypertension and feline idiopathic hypercalcaemia
- Clinical club: discussion of interesting cases and internal protocols
- Case reviews: continual active case reviews with senior vets as and when required
- Weekly catch ups with your GDP advisor
On top of that, we offer a generous package of benefits, including the following:
- Generous holiday allowance, plus an extra day for every year worked, up to eight
- Unlimited CPD budget with time off to study
- Certificates encouraged and funded
- 1-2-1 coaching and mentoring programme, clinical and business
- Leadership management programme
- Pension scheme and RCVS/VDS membership fees paid Team Pet Health Club for your pets
- Eyecare vouchers and flu jab
- Cycle to work scheme
- Practice social events
- Internal recognition scheme
For more information on how to join our team and take advantage of our fantastic graduate opportunities get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.
About Pennard Vet
At Pennard Vets, every member of our team is an employee owner of the practice, committed to ensuring our service goes beyond the ordinary. We’re creating an environment that looks after the people that look after the pets. We’re 125 years old, and by operating in this way, we’ll continue to grow for the next 125 years, and beyond.