We’re the world’s largest employee-owned vet group – and proud of it!
We do things differently, and we do them well.
Our reputation in Kent and beyond is something we’re really proud of. We take fantastic care of our patients and clients.
And we do that by prioritising our team and ensuring they have everything they need to be the best. Our seven practices are equipped to the highest standards, including our hospital in Sevenoaks, from which we run our own emergency and out of hours service.
But more than that, we empower our team to take ownership of their careers and the service they deliver. We’re the world’s largest employee-owned vet group. This means every member of our team holds a stake in the business and is committed to ensuring our practice is beyond the ordinary.
Role and responsibilities
- Build a good understanding of our services and client focus to assist with queries, while acting within operational protocols and procedures.
- Offer Compassion to client needs; physical and emotional assistance to clients in often sensitive
- Ensure that reception & consult areas are kept to a high standard of cleanliness and presentable at all times.
- Preparing items for collection such as prescriptions and food orders
- Answering incoming phone calls and dealing with client queries with clarity
- Take payment from clients for veterinary services.
- Using the in-house data system facilitates the appointment system.
- Assisting where appropriate with practice marketing initiatives, puppy parties, open days.
- Promote the ethos of the practice in recommending preventive animal health care.
- Alternative Saturday duties will be required.
- Being the friendly, professional face of the practice to all of our lovely clients!
The successful applicant will need to be professional, confident, self-motivating with a passion for delivering excellent customer service.
A real people person, resolving problems will not faze you as this is a busy and demanding role so
experience of working under pressure will be required.
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Computer literate
- Ideally a love of animals!
This is a guideline of duties and should not be considered as conclusive of the role or responsibilities.
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we would be pleased to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
A job advert is not long enough to tell you all about us! So find out more and apply at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It’s your career- OWN IT!
About Pennard Vets
At Pennard Vets, every member of our team is an employee owner of the practice, committed to ensuring our service goes beyond the ordinary. We’re creating an environment that looks after the people that look after the pets. We’re 125 years old, and by operating in this way, we’ll continue to grow for the next 125 years, and beyond.